Title: Full-Stack Developer (part-time)
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full stack developers are responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties.
Full stack developers will be required to see our projects from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Interact in our main software products.
- Maintaining the user group’s website in collaboration with communication
- Advise on and conceive potential software products with the project team.
- Mentor upcoming volunteer developers and accompany them in projects while preparing them for future projects.
- Lead the African German phrasebook project and all tools to be developed around it.
- Design a scheme to recruit new developers based on programs and projects currently put in place.
Requirements and skills:
Please do not self-censor if you do not meet all of these criteria, as you will develop your skills during the project.
- Experience with open source development workflows on GitHub and tools used in the Wikimedia space.
- Familiarity with tool deployment on the Wikimedia Toolforge(not required). Ability to build and maintain large scale applications is a plus.
- Good design skills are also a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume or CV, sample of your relevant previous work, and a short letter of interest to email@example.com We will schedule an interview with short-listed candidates.
The deadline for submitting applications is scheduled for June 19, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an aim to fill the position by July 2, 2022.