The Wikimedians of Cameroon User group is seeking a part time communications lead to manage our internal and external communications. The said individual would be in charge of ensuring that the positive image of the Association is promoted and also make sure the dissemination of information on behalf of the association is assured.
We believe that phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a good communication lead. Also, experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude and passion for promoting open knowledge, we believe will make you thrive in our community.
- Collaborating deeply with the Community Manager to execute communication plan
- Creating and proposing a communication plan
- Overseeing the execution of the communication plan for each program.
- Managing communication on social media
- Managing press relationships (paper, radio, TV, blogs…)
- Creating visuals for events and projects.
- Design and administer surveys, Google docs and other means for qualitative and quantitative data collection.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as communications specialist
- Experience in content production and Wikimedia projects is a plus
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English and French
- BSc/Related Diplomat in public relations, communications or relevant field
How to Apply:
Please send your resume or CV, sample of your relevant previous work, and a short letter of interest to email@example.com We will schedule an interview with short-listed candidates.
The deadline for submitting applications is scheduled for June 08, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an aim to fill the position by July 2, 2022.